So you have already scheduled your flight and know where you are travelling to and perhaps already booked a hotel. Except that you have not yet packed and have no clue on what to bring along.
The following list will greatly guide you in knowing what to take, with the right quantity and standard. Above all packing only the right and necessary gear needed for the safari activity.
1. Get The Right Clothing
Dressing for a safari usually requires casual and lightweight outfit to keep you warm and dry. It’s recommended to wear bush colored clothes and not bright colored clothes since they will scare animals or attract insects like tsetse flies. However the number of items to pack depends on the length of your safari.
Clothes to pack
- Long sleeve shirts in dark colors
- Light rain coat incase of rains
- Cotton pair of trousers/pants
- 1 warm sweater for keeping you warm in the mornings and evenings
- Pair of comfortable shorts
- Cotton underwear
- 3 to 4 pairs of socks
- Hiking or safari boots
- Sun hats and glasses
- Sports bra for ladies
- Pair of flip flop or sandals to wear around camp or hotel
2. Include Your Medical Facilities
While your health safety is guaranteed by the travel’s company, there is no harm in preparing yourself. You will need to consider having
- Yellow fever health card (the most required for travelling to Tanzania )
- Malaria medication
- Allergy medication
- Pain killers
- Antihistamine for insect bite reaction
- Bandages and plasters for injuries
- Mosquito repellants
3. Have A Supply Of Cash
It’s important to have extra cash with you. As you will be travelling to the bush, you need to remember that credit cards won’t be used.
So if there is a need to purchase some extra items, use the cash reserved. However the cash can be used to tip guides, drivers or porters for a quality and fulfilled safari.
Tanzania accepts US dollar for payments.
4. Get Your Electronic Devices
The required devices include:
- Digital camera with enough memory
- Extra camera battery or charger
- Tablet or ipad (with charger)for storing your information
- Small flashlight
5. Include Your Personal Toiletries
Hotels in the bush provide toiletries however having your own supplies is more convenient. Your personal stuff will greatly help while on the safari and have to use the bush toilet.
The required toiletries include:
- Toilet paper/Tissue
- Shampoo and air conditioner
A Tanzania safari is among the greatest adventures one should not miss due to it’s unique wildlife experience.
If you are interested in wildlife safari program, please visit our Safari page to book your safari itinerary now.